Thursday 22 April 2010

Feeling good

Wednesday is Jog Scotland night, and yesterday evening was nice and sunny, so naturally there was a big group of us! We had a lovely run, jogging into the local country estate surrounded by sheep and newborn lambs. One runner even claimed to have seen a deer. Anyway, we stopped at a cattle grid at the bottom of a steep hill, and did 2 hill repeats, then jogged to the bottom of another hill and did intervals to the top.

It was 7 miles by the time I'd jogged home, and the Garmin said 62 minutes. I remembered the first time I ran 7 miles last summer, and it took more like 1h20mins. I just felt that I was running so well last night, and when I checked the statistics later, I saw that at 6.2 miles, I was almost exactly the same as my 10K PB! Pretty amazing seeing as we'd been doing hills! Average pace was 8.44min/mile! I think I was trying to keep up with the fast ones.

As I was running home in the sun, I had a sudden realisation that I was really enjoying myself. It sounds silly, but a lot of runners say how they feel good after a run, rather than during it. Last night though, I was out in lovely weather with beautiful views feeling fit and invincible and it was GREAT!!

Anyway, I must shut up now, because I don't want to jinx myself and get injured or ill just before Marathon Day.

Here is a picture of me after the run looking fit and invincible:















Oh, and knackered.

3 comments:

  1. I know that feeling. It's awesome isn't it?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. When is your marathon? That must have been great. There is nothing like a mid run good feeling!

    ReplyDelete
  3. whooohoooo, such an awesome feeling!

    ReplyDelete