Saturday 17 July 2010

Slowly slowly...

Thanks for the supportive comments on my last post about my problems with illness and toddlers! I know these sleep problems are temporary - it's just a question of how long they last... As for the cold, it's mostly gone, but left behind a nasty postscript of sinus pain and horrible headaches. On Tuesday I felt ok, and when I got some unexpected free time that afternoon, I thought I'd better grasp the opportunity to get some exercise. So I went out for an hour on the bike and did 10 miles up and down hills in the wind. It was great to do something at last and get some (very) fresh air.

Then on Wednesday it was Jog Scotland night and I'd missed so many weeks that I knew I had to go - despite the pouring rain. I ran at the back of the pack, with a 19-weeks pregnant runner! Just the pace I needed after a couple of weeks off. The rain got worse and worse as we ran, and by the time I got home, I had to peel my clothes off, wring them out, and dump them in the bath. I don't mind a bit of rain, but it was so heavy, I can't really say I enjoyed the run.

Then on Thursday, I was struck with the terrible headaches all day, so I skipped a Friday morning run. I felt better during the day though, and managed a pretty slow and uninspired 3 miles in the afternoon.

So at least I'm getting back into it gradually. Providing the headaches stay away, I'll attempt a longer run tomorrow, and then hopefully next week I can increase the miles a bit. I'm still a bit frustrated, but I'm trying to be patient (not my strong suit...).















Drying off after rainy runs

4 comments:

  1. I understand your frustration. It's so hard to be able to do only a small portion of what was so easy a few months ago. Hope your health continues to improve.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They say slow & steady wins the race. I'm sure you'll be back on form soon. Big Hugs x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely understand...I have been back and forth a million times! I keep getting injured! But at least running is enjoyable at all levels! Keep up the good work! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to jog Scotland some day.

    ReplyDelete