1. First and foremost, I am back to running regularly and consistently. A few weeks ago I was beginning to wonder if I might ever run again without pain. Since the start of March, I have now run 14 times (mainly) pain-free. When I was injured, that was all I wanted - to be able to run short distances a few times a week. Now of course, I want more, so I need to remember how lucky I am.
2. I am keeping up the cycling. As I've only been running twice a week since I started back, I've continued cycling on the non-running days. This means I am doing more exercise overall than before I got injured (although cycling is obviously a lot less intensive than running).
3. I've lost 2lbs! Over the Christmas holiday, I diligently stuffed my face at every opportunity, and hardly moved for two weeks. Somehow, I managed to gain about 8 lbs - must be my pesky slow metabolism again... Anyway, by the end of January I had lost about 4 lbs, but I just couldn't shake off the rest. I got so annoyed with it, I gave up standing on the scales. But last wekend I gave in to curiosity, and finally, another 2 lbs gone. 2 more to go...
1. While I am ecstatic to be back running again, my last few runs have been total pants! The last 4 in a row, I have felt tired and run really slowly. This morning I started off feeling fine, but my speed was really slow, and then at the end I got a stitch and had to walk. I know everyone has bad runs, but 4 in a row? Only 3 miles each time? I really need a good one soon.
2. I cycled 15 miles yesterday, and felt like I'd run 15 miles. My legs were tired, and I had a hard time getting up hills into the wind. I was passed by several cyclists (but to be honest, this happens all the time).
3. I set off yesterday with a plan; cycle into town, visit a cafe, have a coffee and some cake, read my book, then cycle back. I got to town, locked up my bike, and realised I had left my wallet at home. Doh! I had no money at all, and no choice but to turn back home with an empty stomach. What an idiot.
5 days in; 12 more days of Easter holiday to go!!!