Friday 11 October 2013

September Rundown

I was having a great month of running in September, right up until the point when I got injured. The kids went back to school which left me with a lot more time to fit longer runs in, but I also went back to work, which stole a lot of my time too.

Robbie and I continued to run parkruns together, and he ran his 10th last month. That was our original target, but he wants to carry on doing them - yay! I ran my fastest ever mile, so I clearly had some fitness at one point. And I ran a great fun race along the cliffs and up and down a big hill at Firle 10K.

Ran - 15x = 81.2 miles
Cycled - 2x = 31 miles 
 

Parkruns - 3
Race- 1 
DNS - 1 


I was enjoying building mileage each week and really looking forward to running Bexhill 10K for the third consecutive year when I got this damn ankle injury. I don't even know what happened, it just got sore and swollen. The Doctor diagnosed torn ligaments and prescribed rest, anti-inflammatories and a long tubi-grip bandage. It's much better now, but I haven't run for 2 weeks and it's not completely better yet, so I daren't do too much too soon.

tubi-grip fun
There's a 10K at the end of October I was hoping to do, but it's another hilly one and I don't want to damage the ankle. I had been aiming to run 1000 miles this year, and I was just about on track, but these 2 weeks off has scuppered my chances. Still, even if I manage 900 miles, that would be a personal record, so I'll just have to see what I can do.

Let's hope this ankle is all back to normal soon...

4 comments:

  1. It is very frustrating when you get sidelined from running with an injury! Hope things improve for you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hate injuries. What a pain in so many ways. Get better.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you heal quickly. It's just too hard not to run for so long.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Know exactly how you're feeling. Hope you're better soon...and out storming toward that 1,000 mile mark.

    ReplyDelete