Sunday, 30 May 2010
Woo-hoo! I've got my first ever tag from another blogger - thanks Amy!
So here, as requested, are 7 facts about me:
1. I'm a terrible swimmer. I love being in the water, but I hate putting my head under, which means that the only stroke I can manage is doggy paddle. I hope I'll get over my fear one of these days.
2. I'm a bad loser. Pete loves board games, so we play quite a lot, and I hate to admit it, but I don't really enjoy it if I'm losing. It just makes me cross.
3. I'm a good teacher. I fell into teaching English as a Foreign Language after university, but in 2004 I did a Diploma in teaching adults and I got a distinction in all 3 parts - exam, teaching and extended assignment. I was only the 3rd person worldwide to get a 'triple distinction'!
4. I'm allergic to nuts. I found this out when I was 19 and ate a whole brazil nut. Within a few minutes I couldn't breathe and was rushed to hospital. I have an injection to carry around with me (but generally I find it easier just to not eat nuts).
5. I've kept a list of every book I've read since 1997. I write down the start and finish date, and give each one a mark out of 5! I don't really know why I do it, other than to remind me of books I've forgotten.
6. The best holiday I've ever had was our honeymoon in 2008. We went to New York for 5 days. It totally lived up to its rave reviews and I'd love to go back one day.
7. Robbie is a kind, sweet-natured, happy boy, and a protective big brother. Emma is a stroppy, stubborn little madam. Guess which one takes after me? Luckily she's also funny, intelligent and it's a constant source of amazement that I ended up with two such incredible kids...