Friday 15 July 2011

A wee break

It hasn't been a great week. Since we got back from Mum and Dad's on Monday night, I've been feeling under the weather. I think it's mostly tiredness - I probably should have had a few more early nights when I was there instead of staying up reading every night and having long chats with my family etc. No, actually I think it was worth it!

Anyway, I managed a run on Tuesday morning, as well as a tough Pilates class on Monday evening, and then one session from 30-day shred. The combination of the last two left me aching all over and struggling to get out of bed on Thursday. Since then I've had headaches, a fever, and not been able to sleep much.

This weekend we are driving down to the other end of the UK where Pete will be working while I look at potential places to live. So I'm going to sign off for a week. I've packed my running things and Garmin (of course), so I haven't given up all hope, but I'm going to struggle to fit any running in. It's ok though, I'm telling myself that we're in the middle of a big life change, and if I'm ever going to have to take an enforced break from running, it might as well be while I don't feel a hundred percent, and while I'm trying to do a little job like organise the future of our family...

I'll try to keep up with everyone else's blogs as best I can, but don't expect to hear from me for a few days!

4 comments:

  1. Good luck with all you have to do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good luck with the house hunting. IT sounds like you've picked up a virus so I'm prescribing rest till you feel better (yeah, I'm a Vet, not a doctor and I haven't practiced for years).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck house hunting and I hope you're feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck Liz. Hope everything works out well for you all - and you're feeling better by now.
    Where are you hoping to move to?

    ReplyDelete