Sunday 9 January 2011

Nothing to lose

When I wrote my last post I was feeling rather fed up about not running. So on Thursday I decided there was nothing to lose. After plenty of rest, I've still had foot pain, so I might as well let myself go for an occasional run, right? I wasn't going to risk doing anything rash though, and I just stuck to a 12 minute jog (about 1.2 miles).

Then yesterday, I tried another run, going up to 1.7 miles this time, in 16 minutes. By then it had snowed again, so I was being careful not to slip and add to my list of injuries.

Since then I've had the same foot pain as before - not enough to stop me running, but I know it could get like that pretty quickly. Anyway, at least I remembered what it's like to get out and run! There is something especially rewarding about running when it's cold - despite being someone who is always cold and loves central heating, for some reason I feel hardy and brave running in snow and ice.

I'll have to see what Ms Physio has to say on Wednesday, but meanwhile, I'm considering how exactly I'm going to lose the half stone I've put on over the holiday without regular running...

















Hardy winter runner

2 comments:

  1. Let us know what the physio said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so glad you managed to get out and run - I hope your pain doesn't get worse - fingers crossed!

    ReplyDelete