Monday 12 September 2011

Settling in

So I've finally been getting some running done! When I looked back at my running diary and the calendar on the Garmin, I couldn't believe how long it had been since I'd been running regularly. Basically, ages. I ran 4 times in the first week of July, and then had a bad cough and cold. I didn't run again until 31st July, when I barely managed to complete 1 mile! After that my running was very sporadic, and whenever I did get out I struggled with both distance and speed.

But since we moved, I've been running a bit more, and my speed has definitely been improving.

Last week we got stuck into a new routine as Robbie started school and Emma nursery. I managed to run 4 times, about 3 miles each time, but also including a great 4 mile run on Friday. It was really hot and humid, but I felt good, and averaged 8.53min/miles, which is definitely an improvement on previous weeks. As you can see, I was very red and sweaty after that run.



















This week I am hoping to try a local running club, which is as much to meet people as anything. I've also just bought a bike! Since mine was stolen before we moved, I've really been missing it, especially as there are a lot of cycle routes around here that I can't wait to try. I haven't picked it up yet though, so I'm looking forward to that. Hopefully summer will hold on for a few more weeks, despite high winds today. I'll need some fine weather to get out on the bike!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you're feeling better and getting back up and running! Life and illness get in the way sometimes. Have fun with the new running club!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for getting back to your running routine! I am also keeping my fingers crossed that the weather stays running-friendly for another month. Wouldn't that be nice after our crappy summer?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it so much easier to get the exercise in once the kids are at school/nursery? Four times a week is great.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad you're getting back into your routine :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. What did you buy for a bike? Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice to hear you are getting back into a steady routine, that has got to feel good! And the bike, how sad it was stolen! Hope the weather holds out for you and you're able to get in some miles on that before the weather turns. Hot and humid isn't in Colorado's vocab...hot is but not humid. Right now, it's really pleasant!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great to hear you're settling in to your new home and cranking up the running again. 8.53min/mile pace is pretty good going, and you'll probably improve on that if you join a running club.

    ReplyDelete